Maple Pecan Biscuits
Serves: 12 biscuits
- ¼ cup pecans
- 3 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 2½ Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp cold butter
- ⅔ cup ice water
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lay pecans in one layer on cookie sheet and roast pecans in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- When cool combine with real maple syrup and grind in a food processor.
- Increase oven temperature to 415°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt.
- Cut in cold butter.
- Add ice water.
- Stir with fork until well mixed.
- Stir in pecans until evenly distributed.
- Turn out onto well-floured surface.
- Knead for 1-2 minutes until dough is no longer sticky.
- Roll or pat out to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut with floured 2 inch cutter.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Serve warm.