Maca Ginger Napple Scones
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 cups flour
- 2½ Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup water
- ¾ cup dried pineapple bits
- ½ cup roasted macadamia halves, divided
- ¾ cup crystallized ginger, divided
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- together flour, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add butter and stir until you have ¼ inch or smaller crumbs.
- Add water, pineapple, macadamia halves and ginger, reserving 1 Tbsp each of the nuts and ginger. Stir just until flour is all incorporated.
- Drop dough onto baking sheet to form 8 mounds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
- Cool a few minutes, then dip tops in glaze; sprinkle with reserved nuts and ginger.
- combine ingredients in a small mixing bowl
Nutrition InformationCalories: 421 Fat: 18g Saturated fat: 8g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 61g Sugar: 34g Sodium: 428mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 32mg