Low Fat Banana Bread
Serves: 2 loaves
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups bananas, very ripe and mashed
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup nuts
- Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottoms only of 2, 8-inch loaf pans or 1, 9-inch loaf pan with shortening.
- Mix sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Stir in eggs until well blended.
- Stir bananas, water and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, baking soda and salt just until moistened.
- Stir in nuts.
- Divide batter evenly between pans.
- Bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaf about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack.
- Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours before slicing.
- Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days or refrigerate up to 10 days.