Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ celery stalks
- 2 cups chicken bouillon, divided
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 10 oz cans chicken broth
- 2 10 oz water
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 5 red skin potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, microwaved and mashed
- 6 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup sour cream
- chopped chives shredded cheddar cheese bacon bits
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter with oil.
- Add onion, garlic and celery and saute until tender, 6-7 minutes.
- In a bowl, blend 1 cup bouillon with flour and whisk into vegetables.
- Add remaining cup of bouillon, chicken broth and water.
- Add basil, oregano, sugar, salt, pepper and red skin potatoes.
- Mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered until flavors are blended, about 20 minutes.
- Add the prepared Yukon Gold potatoes and mix well.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Combine the Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, water and sour cream.
- Add to soup mixture. Heat, but do not boil.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chives, cheese and bacon.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 359 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 4g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 62g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 1050mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 12g Cholesterol: 19mg