Serves: 64 servings
- 3 cups water
- 3 envelopes gelatin
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 cups sunflower or corn oil
- 3 capsules lecithin*
- Pour water into a shallow pan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over it’s surface; add the salt.
- Heat on medium-low heat, whisking well until the gelatin has completely melted.
- Cool until the gelatin feels and looks like raw egg whites.
- In large mixing bowl cream the butter until white and fluffy.
- Gradually add the Buttermilk Blend, then the oil.
- Blend in very gradually the 3 cups of heavy gelatin water and the lecithin, obtained by cutting open the capsules and squeezing them into the mixture.
- Store the mixture in one-cup, resealable containers and refrigerate or freeze (because it has no preservatives, this butter should be frozen until used.
- Allow to soften for spreading, then keep refrigerated between usage.
- *Lecithin is available at most natural food stores, and comes in capsule form.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 147 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 4g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 1g Sugar: 1g Sodium: 22mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 11mg