Lemony Apricot Pound Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 2½ cups flour
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup apricot nectar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 oz apricot preserves
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour 2 6-cup bundt pans or 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, salt, baking soda, and ground almonds; set aside.
- In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in lemon extract, almond extract, and apricot nectar.
- Add ⅓ cup sour cream with ⅓ cup flour mixture; mixing well after each addition; repeat twice until all flour mixture and sour cream is used.
- Divide batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes before inverting onto wire rack to cool.
- While loaves are still warm, heat apricot preserves and lemon juice in small saucepan until preserves are melted.
- Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons apricot mixture carefully over each loaf.
- Reserve remainder to reheat and spoon over servings of cake, if desired.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 419 Fat: 17g Saturated fat: 9g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 63g Sugar: 42g Sodium: 239mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 86mg