Lazy Daisy Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 1½ cups Buttermilk Quick Mix* (regular)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk or cold water
- 2 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Broiled Topping
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup nuts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour one 8-inch square baking pan or one 9-inch round pan.
- See recipe for Buttermilk Quick Mix
- In large mixing bowl, combine Buttermilk Quick Mix, sugar, egg, cold water, shortening and vanilla extract.
- Beat on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on medium speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- Cool slightly.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for Broiled Topping and mix well.
- Spread topping over cake.
- Set oven control to broil or 550 degrees.
- Broil cake with top about 3 inches from heat until topping is golden brown (about 3 minutes).
Nutrition InformationCalories: 163 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 4g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 19g Sugar: 12g Sodium: 150mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 18mg