Jennett’s Very Berry Muffins
Serves: 6 jumbo muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup quick oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup dried berry mix
- ⅔ cup large blackberries, frozen
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 6 extra large muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flours, sugar, oats, baking powder, salt and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend.
- In a medium bowl combine water, egg, oil and almond extract.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Add dried berries and stir.
- Fill six muffin cups ½ full.
- Put three frozen blackberries in the center of each muffin.
- Add the rest of the batter to the muffin pans.
- Sprinkle muffins with topping.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- mix all ingredients together
Nutrition InformationCalories: 523 Fat: 23g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 72g Sugar: 31g Sodium: 434mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 10g Cholesterol: 50mg