Indian Summer Squash Quiche
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 unbaked
- 9-inch pastry shell
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash
- 1½ cups Swiss cheese, grated
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¼ tsp dried oregano*
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sauté onion in butter until tender.
- Simmer or steam chosen vegetable in small amount of water, just until tender.
- Drain on paper towels, removing as much moisture as possible.
- Place onions in pastry shell, arrange squash on top.
- Cover with cheese.
- In medium mixing bowl beat together egg yolks, whole eggs, water, SACO Buttermilk Blend, oregano and salt.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until quiche is set.
- If crust becomes too brown, cover with foil strips.
- Serve warm.
- *May substitute ¾ tsp. fresh chopped oregano, chives, parsley, or tarragon.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 263 Fat: 17g Saturated fat: 8g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 19g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 351mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 10g Cholesterol: 124mg