Hula- Hula Coconut Pound Cake
Serves: 20 servings
- Pound Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and Saco Buttermilk Blend.
- Set aside. In large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat well after each egg added.
- In a small bowl place one cup water; stir in almond and coconut extracts.
- Add ⅓ of liquid, then ⅓ of the flour mixture, beat well after each addition.
- Repeat twice, beating each time until batter is smooth.
- Stir in coconut.
- Divide batter into two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert on wire racks to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and water and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the extracts.
- Use a toothpick to pierce all over the top of each pound cake.
- Pour ½ of glaze onto each cake and allow to soak in.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 377 Fat: 17g Saturated fat: 9g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 52g Sugar: 38g Sodium: 239mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 72mg