Herbal Sensation Biscuits
Serves: 15 biscuits
- 4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 8 Tbsp cold solid shortening
- 8 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp chives
- ¼ tsp garlic
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend into a large bowl.
- Put cold shortening and butter into sifted ingredients.
- Cut in as for pie crust until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add water and mix until all goes together.
- Mix in chives, garlic and cheese.
- Knead lightly on slightly floured board.
- Pat out to ¾ inch thick.
- Do not over work dough.
- Cut with 2½ inch biscuit cutter or glass.
- Put on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake on middle rack for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.