Heavenly Lowfat Rhubarb Muffins
Serves: 20 muffins
- 1 tsp butter or margarine, melted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups rhubarb, finely diced
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2½ tsp all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease or paper-line 20 muffin cups.
- In small mixing bowl cut together butter, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside for topping.
- In large mixing bowl combine brown sugar, oil, egg, vanilla and water; beat well.
- Stir in rhubarb and walnuts.
- In medium mixing bowl sift together the flour, Buttermilk Blend, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add to beaten mixture and mix just until blended.
- Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle some topping over each muffin, pressing lightly into batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 202 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugar: 18g Sodium: 218mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 2mg