Hearty Country Flapjacks
Serves: 24, 4-inch pancakes
- ¼ cup wheat bran
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oat bran flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¾ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- In medium mixing bowl combine wheat bran, flours, cornmeal, Buttermilk Blend, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In small mixing bowl combine water, eggs, and oil.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing only until moistened.
- Heat skillet or griddle until a drop of water dances on it, then lightly grease skillet.
- Drop 2 - 3 Tbsp. of batter for each pancake onto skillet.
- When small bubbles break the surface, turn pancakes over and cook for 1 minute, or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately. Suggestions: Serve with honey butter or apple butter for a tantalizing variation from maple syrup.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 79 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 11g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 167mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 3mg