Hazelnut-Chunk Buttermilk Pancakes
Serves: 10, 4-inch pancakes
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup SACO Chocolate CHUNKS, chopped
- In medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and Buttermilk Blend.
- In large mixing bowl stir together water, brown sugar, butter, egg, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring until nearly smooth.
- Fold in the hazelnuts and CHUNKS.
- Cook on lightly-greased griddle until bubbles form on top and bottom is nicely browned.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with Orange Butter (see recipe in Sauces/Spreads).
Nutrition InformationCalories: 202 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 36g Sugar: 25g Sodium: 162mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 8mg