Hazelnut Buttermilk Pancakes
Serves: 15 pancakes
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 2½ cups water
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- In large bowl dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in 2½ cups water, eggs, flour, Buttermilk Blend, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in hazelnuts.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, stir in more water if batter becomes too thick.
- Cook on lightly-greased griddle until bubbles form on top and bottom is nicely browned.
- Flip and cook the other side.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 100 Fat: 2g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 16g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 444mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 4mg