Ham & Rice Chowder
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp dried garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg fast cooking long grain & wild rice mix
- 3 cups Half and Half
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, toasted
- Melt butter in large heavy pan.
- Over medium heat, cook onion, carrots and garlic until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth, rice and seasoning packet from rice.
- Heat to boiling.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat and eat.
- Serve with crackers or baked tortilla strips. .
- Tortilla Strips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut tortillas in half and then cut each half into 2 inch strips.
- Place in single layer on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spray with butter spray and sprinkle with McCormick garlic bread powdered sprinkle.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 365 Fat: 20g Saturated fat: 10g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 36g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 933mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 13g Cholesterol: 56mg