Ham and Spinach Pot Pie
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 6 Tbsp margarine
- ½ cup solid shortening
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ tsp cider vinegar
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- ½ lb ham, cubed
- ½ lb Muenster cheese
- 1½ Tbsp onion and herb seasoning, divided
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- In a medium bowl mix flour, salt and Buttermilk Blend.
- Gradually blend in margarine, shortening, water and vinegar.
- Divide dough in half to make two pie crusts.
- Place first crust in pie plate.
- Reserve second crust for top of pie.
- Brush bottom crust with egg white to seal.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl stir together spinach, buttermilk and pepper, set aside.
- Begin with a layer of ham, Muenster cheese, one Tbsp onion and herb seasoning, spinach mixture and red pepper slices.
- Repeat layers.
- Press the remaining pastry over the top.
- Make 5 slits in top of this pastry.
- Decorate with pastry cut out if desired.
- Brush pastry crust with remaining egg white.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 400°F and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 484 Fat: 33g Saturated fat: 11g Trans fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 29g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 885mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 18g Cholesterol: 67mg