Green Chili Cornmeal Pancakes
Serves: 16, 5-inch pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1½ cups water
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4½ oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp scallions, finely chopped Prepared salsa Sour cream
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, cornmeal, salt, baking soda and Buttermilk Blend.
- In small mixing bowl combine the water, eggs and oil; add to the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Stir in the chilies, cheese and scallions.
- Heat skillet or griddle until a drop of water dances on it, then lightly grease skillet.
- Drop 2 to 3 Tbsp of batter for each pancake onto skillet.
- When small bubbles break the surface, turn pancakes over and cook for 1 minute, or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream. Note:
- Batter will be thinner than regular pancakes.
- Be sure to allow room in the skillet for additional spreading.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 123 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 12g Sugar: 1g Sodium: 287mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 9mg