Ginger Orange Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 2 sticks butter
- 2½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ⅓ cup orange zest
- ⅓ cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a large tube pan, set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together for 5 minutes, then eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Combine the orange juice, milk and the vanilla, add to the creamed mixture alternately with the dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan, bake 1 hour.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and water.
- Heat over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- When cake has cooled, spoon over cake.
- Cake may be frosted instead of using the glaze.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 380 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 8g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 62g Sugar: 42g Sodium: 312mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 79mg