Garlic Dill Cheddar Biscuits
Serves: 12 servings
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅔ cup water
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles corn meal.
- Stir in cheese.
- Add water and mix until dough is pliable.
- Turn dough onto lightly-floured surface and knead 12-15 times.
- Roll dough to ½” thickness.
- Cut with floured biscuit cutter.
- Place close together on ungreased baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 181 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 4g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 19g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 356mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 11mg