Garden Variety Baking Powder Biscuits
Serves: 12 biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ⅓ cup shortening or unsalted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1.4 oz vegetable soup and dip mix
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (except for soup/dip mix)
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine vegetable mix with sour cream and water; cover and let stand in refrigerator for one hour or overnight.
- Add sour cream mixture to dry ingredients; mix just to combine, do not over mix.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead gently 8-12 times.
- Roll out dough to about ½ inch thickness.
- Cut out biscuits with floured cutter; bake one inch apart on ungreased baking sheet for approximately 8-10 minutes or until nicely golden in color.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.