French Onion Bread
Serves: 12 servings (in 1lb loaf)
- 1lb Loaf
- 10 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- *2 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2¼ tsp Red Star® Active Dry Yeast
- 1.5lb Loaf
- 11 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup fresh onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- *2 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 Tbsp Red Star® Active Dry Yeast
- Add ingredients in the order suggested by your bread machine manual.
- *1 The water used should be about 80°F.
- Since your body temperature is higher than 80°F, this will feel cool (not cold) to you.
- Using water too warm will inhibit the yeast from working at its full potential, as will water that is too cold.
- *2 For a 1½ Lb. loaf use 3 Tbsp. of SACO cultured Buttermilk Blend, or entire contents of one 0.8 ounce envelope.
- For a 1 Lb. loaf use 2 Tbsp. of SACO cultured Buttermilk Blend, or approximately ⅔ of a 0.8 ounce envelope.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 111 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 19g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 202mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg