Fooled Ya’ Zucchini Pie
Serves: 8 servings
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅔ cup oil
- 6 Tbsp ice water
- 5 cups zucchini, peeled and seeded, chopped
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 5 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp SACO Mix’n Drink Instant Skim Milk
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Combine flour and salt.
- Combine water and oil in separate container.
- Pour oil mixture over flour.
- Mix until barely blended. Roll half of dough out and place in 9” pie pan.
- Preheat oven for 400°F.
- Combine zucchini, lemon juice and butter in large saucepan.
- Cook for 20 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Combine cornstarch, Saco powdered milk, sugar, spice, and salt.
- Add into zucchini mixture and cook until it starts to thicken.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Roll out other half of dough, cut slits for steam, and place on top of pie.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream!
Nutrition InformationCalories: 481 Fat: 21g Saturated fat: 4g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 69g Sugar: 36g Sodium: 373mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 8mg