Fair Maiden Cookies
Serves: 2.5 dozen cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3¼ cup flour
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup milk powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the eggs and butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the soda, baking powder, flour and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend. Add dry mixture to creamed, alternating with water, and beat until well-blended.
- Drop by teaspoonful on to greased cookie sheet and bake 7 - 10 minutes, or until cookies puff then begin to flatten again.
- Remove from cookie sheet on to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Frost when completely cool.
- Stir butter and sugar over low heat until melted.
- Add salt and milk; bring to a boil.
- Boil for one minute.
- Add powdered sugar to desired consistency.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 270 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 45g Sugar: 34g Sodium: 215mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 38mg