English Muffin Loaves
Serves: 3 loaves
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 pkgs active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2½ cups very warm water (120°-130°F) Cornmeal
- In large mixing bowl combine 3 cups flour, the yeast, sugar, salt, Buttermilk Blend and baking soda. Add warm water to dry ingredients and beat at low speed until blended.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- By hand, add enough remaining flour (2½ to 3 cups), one cup at a time, to make a stiff dough. Divide dough into thirds.
- Place in three 1-pound coffee cans that have been greased and sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Sprinkle tops of dough with cornmeal.
- Cover, let rise in warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven 25 minutes.
- Bake on bottom rack of oven.
- Immediately remove from cans and cool.
- To serve, slice thick and toast.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 67 Fat: 0g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 14g Sugar: 1g Sodium: 111mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 1mg