Easy Nut Bread
Serves: 1 loaf
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup solid vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour one 9-inch baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl sift together flour, Buttermilk Blend, sugars, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat on low speed 15 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 65 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool thoroughly.
- Wrap in foil.
- Store overnight before slicing.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 208 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugar: 14g Sodium: 293mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 1mg