Easy Make Buttermilk Cookies
Serves: 2.5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together shortening and sugar in large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time and then stir in vanilla.
- In medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend.
- Stir into cream mixture, alternating dry ingredients and water.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7 - 9 minutes.
- Cookies will be very soft.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to wire cooling rack.
- Cool completely.