Dolci frutta DECORATIVE LEAVES
- 1 8oz pkg chocolate or creamy white Dolci frutta non-toxic leaves
- Several hours in advance, wash and dry non-toxic lemon leaves (available at florists) or rose leaves work well, allowing to air dry on paper towels until ready to coat.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Generously paint underside with melted Dolci frutta.
- Do not allow the coating to overflow onto the front of the leaf.
- Set aside on waxed paper, and briefly place in refrigerator, allowing to cool until set.
- Starting at the stem, gently pull leaf away.
- Careful - if you do not tear the leaf, it can be reused! Keep the decorative leaves cool until needed. Use to garnish ice cream, berries, and fruit platters.
- When using leaves from your garden make certain they are non-toxic and have not been sprayed.* *NOTE: Although many leaves are harmless, any leaf can be potentially toxic if treated with sprays or systemic insecticides.
- If in any doubt of a leaf’s safety, do not use it.
- Some safe leaves: Rose, Lemon, Gardenia, Magnolia, Grape Ivy. Some toxic leaves: Poinsettia, English Ivy, Lily of the Valley, Mistletoe, Dieffenbachia, Oleander, Delphinium (Larkspur), Laurel, Azalea, Caladium, Hydraegea, Amaryllis, Jonquil, Daffodil, Narcissus, Holly, Rhododendron, Poppy.