Dolci frutta CREAMY BERRY BASKETS
- 1 custard cup
- 4 8-inch lengths of foil, each folded in half to make
- 4” double-thick squares vegetable cooking spray
- 1 8oz pkg chocolate or creamy white Dolci frutta
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 Tbsp sugar or orange liqueur
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Reserve 4 best strawberries. Wash, drain, and slice the rest and set aside. Using an inverted custard cup as a mold, press a double-thick square of foil over top and down sides, curving foil back slightly at base. Remove from mold. Repeat to make 3 more foil cups. Spray the outside of each foil mold lightly with vegetable cooking spray. Melt Dolci frutta according to package directions. Dip 4 reserved berries for garnish and set aside on waxed paper. Fill a pastry bag, parchment, or waxed paper cone with remaining melted Dolci frutta.* Using or cutting a 1/16” tip, pipe or drizzle melted Dolci frutta in a circle around base of mold then up over the sides in a lacy basket pattern. Refrigerate 30 minutes to set.
- Drizzle a second layer to form almost solid bottom and strengthen sides.
- Re-cool 30 minutes until set.
- With cool, dry hands, carefully separate foil from finished ‘basket’.
- Hold basket lightly to prevent breakage; place each on a cool dessert plate.
- Fill baskets with sliced, drained berries.
- Top with sweetened** whipped cream.
- Garnish with reserved Dolci frutta-dipped berries.
- Serves 4.
- *If Dolci frutta cools, simply put parchment or waxed paper decorating cone back in microwave for a few moments to re-soften.
- If using pastry bag, remove any metal tips or rings before microwaving.
- **Use your choice of sugar or sweet liqueur to sweeten cream after whipping.
- Mix in well.