Dilled Shrimp & Mushroom Chowder
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup milk
- 6 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1½ cups water
- 12 oz shrimp, precooked and cleaned
- 1 tsp fresh dill, snipped
- In a 3 quart saucepan saute mushrooms, celery, and green onion in butter, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Add milk and cream all at once.
- Whisk together Cultured Buttermilk Blend and water and add to pan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Stir in potatoes, shrimp and dill. Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Garnish with additional fresh dill, if desired.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 252 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 5g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 342mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 26g Cholesterol: 191mg