Decadent Dark Chocolate Cake
Serves: 12 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup SACO Premium Cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ cup water, room temperature
- 2 tsp instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 unsalted butter, softened
- 1⅓ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup SACO Premium Cocoa pinch salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 6 cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, sift flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, baking soda and Buttermilk Blend.
- Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine water, coffee powder, and vanilla; stir until coffee is dissolved.
- In large bowl, beat butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Slowly add sugar.
- Increase speed to medium-high; beat 4 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to medium.
- Slowly add eggs to butter mixture, beating constantly.
- Alternately add flour mixture and coffee mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating at low speed only enough to combine ingredients after each addition, scraping bowl as necessary. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Invert cake onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Add cream, sugar, Cocoa and dash salt; mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture is smooth and hot, do not boiling.
- Whisk constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Refrigerate 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place cooled cake on rack over baking sheet.
- Pour glaze over cake.
- Let stand until firm.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 303 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 41g Sugar: 28g Sodium: 161mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 65mg