Date and Cherry Jumbles
- 2½ cups flour, sifted
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp SACO Mix’n Drink Instant Skim Milk
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- ⅓ cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 2½ cups corn flakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl; blend well.
- In a separate bowl combine the shortening, sugar, eggs, vanilla and Saco Mix’n Drink.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in nuts, dates and cherries.
- Shape dough into small balls.
- Roll in crushed corn flakes.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- While warm, top each cookie with a ½ maraschino cherry.