Creamy Red & Green Gazpacho
Serves: 8 servings
- 3 cups V-8 juice
- 6 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp hot green pepper sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- ½ cup green onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup tomatillo, chopped
- 3 cups red and partially green tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, finely chopped
- lime wedges lime-flavored tortilla chips
- Blend V-8 juice, Saco Buttermilk Blend, basil, cilantro, parsley, garlic, pepper sauce, lime juice, olive oil and jalapeno pepper in a food processor or blender until well blended.
- Pour in a container with a lid and add green onion, tomatillo, tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Spoon into chilled bowls and garnish with lime wedges and lime flavored tortilla chips.
- Note: instead of adding water I used the V-8 juice with the Saco Buttermilk Blend.
- For a variation to sour cream, try topping the soup with 3 Tbsp Saco Buttermilk Blend reconstituted with ¼ tsp. lime juice and 2 Tbsp water.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 87 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 12g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 224mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 3mg