Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serves: 6 servings
- ¼ bunch cilantro, well washed - leaves only
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ onion
- 1 small can green chilies
- 14.5 oz can Italian diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth
- ½ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ cups cooked chicken, cut in bite size pieces
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 oz seasoned tortilla strips
- Puree cilantro, garlic, onion, chilies and tomatoes in a blender or food processor.
- Mix 2 cups of chicken stock with ½ cup Saco Buttermilk Blend until smooth.
- Add back to stock and blend in.
- Heat stock mixture, seasoning mix and pureed mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Add chicken to soup during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve hot, garnish soup with tortilla strips and cheese.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 501 Fat: 26g Saturated fat: 11g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 31g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 1897mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 36g Cholesterol: 101mg