Cran-Apple Coffee Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 2⅓ cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp almonds, sliced and divided
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¾ cup water
- 2½ cups apple pie filling
- 2 Tbsp Craisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray or grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugars and butter.
- Mix until crumbly (like a pie crust).
- To ½ cup of this mixture add almonds and set aside for streusel topping.
- Add soda and baking powder to the remainder of the mixture.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat egg, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend and water.
- Mix into remaining dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spread ⅔ of this batter into spring form pan and about one inch of the side.
- Mix together pie filling and Craisins.
- Spoon over batter in pan.
- Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls, over filling.
- Then crumble streusel topping over all.
- Bake for 1 hour.