Confetti Cajun Muffins
Serves: 6 jumbo muffins
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ⅓ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper. diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2½ Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Generously grease 6 jumbo muffin cups.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic until tender.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, Cajun seasoning, salt, baking powder, baking soda and Saco Buttermilk Blend.
- In a separate mixing bowl stir together water, egg and cooked vegetables.
- Pour into well in center of dry mixture.
- Mix until evenly moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups, filling ⅔ full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick tests done.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 285 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 8g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 38g Sugar: 12g Sodium: 434mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 63mg