Cold Buttermilk Soup with Cucumber & Crab
Serves: 8 servings
- 2½ pounds cucumbers, peeled and seeded, and chopped
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp seafood seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 12 oz crab meat
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chives, snipped
- Finely chop cucumbers, and reserve 1 cup for garnish.
- Puree remaining chopped cucumbers, buttermilk, cream, onion, seafood seasoning and cumin in blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover; chill until very cold, at least 4 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Mound crab meat in center of 8 bowls, dividing equally.
- Ladle cold soup around crab meat.
- Sprinkle with tomato, chives and reserved chopped cucumber.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 181 Fat: 12g Saturated fat: 7g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 9g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 388mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 11g Cholesterol: 61mg