Cold Avocado & Buttermilk Soup
Serves: 8 servings
- ⅓ cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 ripe avacados, divided, peeled and chunked
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, deveined & diced
- 8 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 drop almond extract
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 3-5 Tbsp cilantro, minced tortilla chips
- Save ½ of an avocado for garnish.
- Place the onions in a blender or processor with the remaining avocados, peppers and puree adding broth as necessary.
- Transfer soup to a large bowl.
- Add any remaining broth and water to the mixture.
- Add the extract and sugar, if desired.
- Stir well, taste and adjust the salt.
- The soup may be refrigerated for several hours.
- Peel the remaining half avocado, cut into thin slices and garnish top of soup with the slices and the cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.