Coconut Spice Pound Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 3¼ cups cake flour
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water, at room temperature
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Sift together flour, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat butter slightly.
- Slowly add sugar, beating until light.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat until very light and fluffy.
- At low speed, stir in flour mixture alternately with water, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir only until combined.
- Stir in coconut.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.