Coconut and English Walnut Pound Cake
Serves: 12 servings
- 3 cups flour
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup butter flavored Crisco
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup English walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Sift flour, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, salt, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
- Cream butter, Crisco and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Add coconut extract to water.
- Alternate flour mixture with water and continue beating after each addition until smooth and creamy. Stir in walnuts and coconut.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for one hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and cake is golden brown.
- Mix sugar, water and butter together in a small sauce pan.
- Boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add coconut extract.
- Pour hot glaze over hot cake while still in pan.
- Let cake set for at least 4 hours
Nutrition InformationCalories: 603 Fat: 29g Saturated fat: 12g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 80g Sugar: 55g Sodium: 223mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 8g Cholesterol: 89mg