Cocoa Fudge Bottom Dessert
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 cup cake flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp SACO Premium Cocoa, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1¾ cups very hot tap water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, 2 Tbsp cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla and nuts; stir well.
- Spread into an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
- In small mixing bowl stir together brown sugar and ¼ cup cocoa.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water over batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- There will be a fudge sauce at the bottom of the pan when cake is cooked.
- Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spoon some cake and fudge sauce onto dessert plates.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 383 Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 65g Sugar: 47g Sodium: 207mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 1mg