Serves: 4 dozen
- ½ cup unsalted butter or margarine, melted
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup SACO Premium Cocoa
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- In large mixing bowl beat together butter, oil, cocoa and 2 cups sugar.
- Add eggs, mixing well, then stir in vanilla.
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into cocoa batter.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- When ready to make, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place each of the two sugars left into separate bowls.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into granulated sugar, roll to coat, then roll in powdered sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are puffed but slightly firm at edges.
- Note: Rolling cookies in granulated sugar first prevents dough from absorbing powdered sugar. This step can be omitted, but creates more of a contrast between white sugar and dark brown cookie.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 106 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 18g Sugar: 13g Sodium: 50mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 18mg