Classic Sweet Dough
Serves: 3 dough portions
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 pkgs active dry yeast
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs (room temp.)
- 2½ cups warm water (120°-130°F)
- In large mixing bowl combine 3 cups all-purpose flour, Buttermilk Blend, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Add butter and eggs.
- Add warm water and beat on low speed until blended.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- By hand, add enough remaining flour (5-6 cups), one cup at a time, to make a slightly stiff dough. Turn dough out onto lightly-floured board, cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Knead until smooth and elastic (5 to 8 minutes).
- Put in greased bowl, turning to grease all sides.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Punch down.
- Turn onto board and divide into thirds.
- Use Classic Sweet Dough to make the Cinnamon Rolls, Cinnamon Bread or Pecan Rolls (recipes in database).
- Each of these recipes uses ⅓ of the dough, so you can make one of each, or three of one!
Nutrition InformationCalories: 633 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 7g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 110g Sugar: 44g Sodium: 641mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 15g Cholesterol: 73mg