Chunky Chocolate Bars
Serves: 32 bars
- 1 cup rolled oats, quick-cooking
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 pkg SACO Chocolate CHUNKS
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 12 oz caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease one 13 x 9 inch cake pan.
- In large mixing bowl combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In small mixing bowl combine melted butter and almond extract, then blend with first mixture.
- Press into prepared pan and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with CHUNKS and nuts.
- Pour caramel over top.
- Bake additional 20 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature one hour, then refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into bars.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 201 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 5g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 28g Sugar: 15g Sodium: 131mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 11mg