Chocolate Walnut Ringaling Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1¼ cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1¼ cup lemon lime soda
- 1 3.4oz pkg chocolate pudding mix
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour 2 qt. Bundt pan.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the flour mixture in three additions alternately with lemon lime soda, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the cake batter with the pudding mix.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spoon ⅓ of cake batter into prepared pan.
- Top with a ring of the chocolate pudding mixture and sprinkle with ½ of the nuts.
- Spread remaining batter over last layer.
- Bake for about 80 minutes until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool cake on cooling rack and turn out.
- Garnish with walnuts using chocolate/cream mixture to hold nuts in place.