Chocolate Swirl Coffee Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- ⅓ cup flaked coconut
- ¼ cup nuts, chopped
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup egg
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup SACO Chocolate CHUNKS, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Stir together coconut, nuts, ¼ cup sugar and 1 Tbsp melted butter.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together ¼ cup sugar, egg, 2 Tbsp melted butter, water, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, flour and baking powdered.
- Mix well.
- Place in a greased 8 inch pan.
- Spoon chocolate over batter.
- With a knife, cut through the batter several times for a marble effect.
- Sprinkle coconut mixture evenly over top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.