Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
Serves: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup SACO Premium Cocoa
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Lightly-grease two cookie sheets.
- In large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar, on low speed, for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 30 to 45 seconds.
- In medium mixing bowl sift together flour, salt and cocoa.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending on low speed for 1 minute.
- Continue beating on medium speed for 1 minute until dough comes together.
- Form 1½-inch balls of dough and place on prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Press flat to ⅜-inch thickness.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes; until cookies are firm at the edges.
- Cool before storing.
- Dough can also be shaped into a log 1½ inches in diameter, rolled in demerara or raw sugar, chilled, sliced ⅜ inch thick, and baked as directed.
- Store in an airtight
Nutrition InformationCalories: 86 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 10g Sugar: 1g Sodium: 67mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 5mg