Chocolate Mousse Pie
Serves: 12 servings
- 1¼ cups chocolate cookie crumbs, finel
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ⅔ cup SACO Chocolate CHUNKS
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 7 Tbsp SACO Premium Cocoa, sifted
- 3 Tbsp water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ingredients and press into bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Melt CHUNKS, butter and cocoa together in top of double boiler or in microwave; set aside.
- In small saucepan combine water and sugar together, cooking over medium heat until syrup reaches 240°F (soft ball stage).
- While syrup is cooking, in large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until pale and thick.
- When syrup reaches desired temperature carefully pour, in thirds, into the beaten yolks, beating after each one-third addition.
- Avoid, as much as possible, splattering syrup onto the beaters or side of the bowl.
- Continue to beat yolk mixture until it is room temperature; up to 10 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl whip cream just until stiff peaks form (do not overwhip).
- Fold chocolate-cocoa mixture into egg yolks, combining gently but thoroughly.
- Fold whipped cream into mousse and pour into cooled crust.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Serve chilled with additional whipped cream, fresh strawberries or raspberries, or lightly sweetened fruit puree (strawberry, raspberry or apricot).
- Pie can be made 24 hours in advance.
- Store leftovers up to 3 days in refrigerator.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 262 Fat: 19g Saturated fat: 8g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 25g Sugar: 17g Sodium: 79mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 93mg