Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar, divided
- 8 Tbsp SACO Premium Cocoa, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1⅓ cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease one 9-inch square pan.
- In small mixing bowl combine ½ cup sugar and 5 Tbsp cocoa.
- Sprinkle evenly over bottom of prepared pan and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl stir together flour, ¾ cup sugar, 3 Tbsp cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In separate small mixing bowl combine 3 Tbsp butter, egg, milk and extracts.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Stir in almonds.
- In medium mixing bowl combine 6 Tbsp melted butter and boiling water; pour over cocoa mixture in pan, without stirring.
- Drop batter by tablespoonful into pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 174 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 3g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 24g Sugar: 16g Sodium: 110mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 19mg