Chocolate Dessert Crepes
Serves: 12 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 3 Tbsp SACO Premium Cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour Butter or margarine for browning Whipped cream or ice cream for Filling
- Blender Method: Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend about 1 minute. Scrape down sides of blender. Blend one additional minute. Scrape down sides of blender with rubber spatula, if necessary. Blend until smooth, about 30 more seconds. Mixer, rotary beater, or whisk method: In large mixing bowl combine eggs, water and butter.
- Beat until well-combined.
- Add Buttermilk Blend, cocoa, salt, sugar and flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Refrigerate batter 1 hour. Heat one 6 or 8-inch fry pan or crepe pan.
- Add enough butter to coat pan lightly and evenly.
- Butter should not run when pan is tilted.
- Add 2 to 3 Tbsp of batter.
- Tip pan back and forth so that batter covers bottom.
- Cook until top of batter loses its shine and bubbles can be seen forming underneath.
- With tip of knife, loosen edges around crepe.
- Underside of crepe should be lightly browned.
- Invert crepe, browned side up, on paper toweling.
- Repeat process for each crepe, adding butter to pan as needed to prevent sticking.
- Fill with sweetened whipped cream, ice cream, or your favorite filling.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 69 Fat: 2g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 10g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 137mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 7mg